Mom….I’m bored!!!!Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011
I was talking to a couple of parents and grandparents about activities their kids could get involved with this summer. So, now…we are making a list of activities to keep kids from getting “bored” this summer! Let me know if you are aware of other activities. Be sure to provide the details. A detailed list will be provided…Dates, Time, Location with address and phone number, and other comments (like snacks, transportation, etc.) If you want a copy of the list, just subscribe to the blog…and you will get a copy when it’s posted!
These free or very affordable activities need to in a healthy and safe environment that fosters inclusion, encouragement, with high morals/values.
Here’s a sampling of the list for Northside kids. It’s still a work in progress.
- 6.27-7.1 9a-12n VBS Triumphant Baptist on Lamb (provide snack)
- 7.5 – 7.29 8:30a-1p Mega Sports Program Triumphant Baptist on Lamb (provide breakfast and lunch) (need to get in early…it’s fills up quickly!)
- 7.11-15 3p-6p VBS STEP @ Eternity Church on Chamberlayne ( provide snack and I am working on transportation if kids will go)
- 7.18-22 9a-12n VBS Commonwealth Chapel (my church) (provide snack) (last year we had transportation. i am verifying for this year.)
- Monday TBD Weekly Missional Community (bible study, crafts and service component)