Do Whatever He Tells YouPosted: Sunday, March 7, 2010 Filed under: 2k7 | Tags: glory, James 1, Jesus, John 2, journal, mission, missional, Richmond, scripture, Southern Barton Heights, Urban Comments Off on Do Whatever He Tells You
Just today I found my journal for 2007….here are some clips from it. I’m glad I found it and had a chance to read it again. It reminds me of God’s faithfulness and what he was stirring in my heart 3 years ago!!! There’s definitely a theme of hearing and doing! And bringing God glory.
12.31 James 1:22-25
- When the Holy Spirit reveals something…ACT. Do something about it. Don’t walk away. Or you’ll forget. Blessings come from listening and acting.
1.6 ComChap Church Service (don’t know the scripture reference)
- Go out into the world…uncorrupted – a breath of fresh air in this squalid and polluted society.
- Provide people with a glimpse of good living and of the living God.
- May my life bring glory to God. I want to be fresh air!!!
- Church – end of service…read lambs among wolves…the windows being shot out of my old car.
The weekend of 1.19-20.2007 – Kay Arthur Conference at Thomas Road Baptist Church “Whatever He Says, Do It!” My friend Grayson and her mom, Judy and I attended this conference, which was so full of good stuff. This is just a few of my notes from it…
- Guard Your Glory! Don’t exchange your Glory for idols.
- Glory = honor, true unchanging essence of God
- Whatever He says – DO IT!!! -> is bringing God glory
- God, help me guard my glory.
- John 17 -> Glorify God on earth, accomplish the work HE gives you to do.
- Guard your Christlikeness!
- Numbers 14:21 – may it begin now – with us guarding our glory
I don’t remember everything that was going on at this time, but these were the messages I was hearing from the Lord. I started crying from almost the moment I walked through the door of that conference. For the Lord was doing a real work in me….preparing me for something. In addition, we studied the story of Jesus turning the water into wine in John 2 (paying close attention to vs. 4-5).
John 2 (NLT) (click to read the whole scripture)
4 “Dear woman, that’s not our problem,” Jesus replied. “My time has not yet come.”
5 But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
Throughout the end of 2006 and early 2007, I do remember saying to Him….What do you want from me? I’m not ready. Not me! It’s not my time! (vs 4) But it was clear that I was at this conference to hear “Do whatever he tells you.” (vs 5) It was time to take a risk and do whatever He tells me to do…in spite of what others may think.
Within a week, Marcellous was in the hospital and KK was living with me! Who woulda thought?