What a great way to start the morning! Louis and I started our day at the Christian Leadership Prayer Breakfast at St. Paul’s Baptist Church. As we ate a wonderful breakfast, we were provided the following questions to discuss at our tables. What a wonderful time of hearing what’s happening around our city!!!
- Share a story about a Christian who is using his/her gifts and faith in Christ to impact our Community.
- What are some of the primary needs in our Community where the body of Christ could work together to bring healing and redemption?
- Are you aware of any consistent prayer gatherings in the Great Richmond Area? Share them with your table.
Our focus was on the following Interwoven Destinies.“Each one should look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.” Phil 2:4 TEV
- Demonstrating unity in the body of Christ through RELATIONSHIPS. Where am I praying with other Christian leaders?
- Transforming our community through PARTNERSHIP. Where am I serving alongside other Christian leaders, congregations, or ministries?
- Serving Metropolitan Richmond through LEADERSHIP. Where am I using my gifts to serve beyond my local congregation?
Prayer Points: We spent time at our tables praying as a group and in smaller groups of 2-3 for the following topics.
- Military and Government
- Justice and Peace
- Racial Reconciliation
- Poverty and The Poor
- Christian Leaders
Enjoy a few of the pictures below and if you want to see the whole album check out this link – Christian Leadership Prayer Breakfast. Mark your calendars for next year’s Prayer Breakfast on Thursday, May 5, 2011!! For more information see www.ndp-richmond.com. In addition, on-going prayer gatherings around the Metro-Richmond area will soon be listed on that site.
5/6 Edit – If you would like to read a recap of the event and see some pictures, check out this post – TODAY! National Day of Prayer. Thanks so much for reading…and for praying with us. To God be the Glory! Miss Marti
I posted this the first time on 4/7…so, now it’s up as a reminder….
Dear Pastors, Church & Parachurch Leaders-
You are invited to
National Day of Prayer ~ Christian Leadership Breakfast
Thursday, May 6, at 7:00am.
The St. Paul’s Baptist Church
4247 Creighton Road, Richmond, VA 23223
A Call to Pray
Held on National Day of Prayer, this prayer breakfast seeks to join together the Christian pastors, church and parachurch leaders of the many diverse groups and denominations in Metropolitan Richmond. Praying and seeking God’s grace and mercy for the healing of separations among us will ultimately enhance our effectiveness in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, in serving the poor and needy, and in glorifying our Father.
Prayer Point Leaders
Be a part of building Christ-centered bridges into the community of Richmond. Seating is limited. RSVP: By May 1, 2010 Cost: $14 per registrant