Louis and I are leaving for Chicago in 27 days…to earn our Christian Community Development (CCD) Certification while attending CCDA Institute|immersion (click the link for more information). As I previously posted in Go to the people…, we were told that we would have 10 books that we would need to read. I started reading one ~ thinking it would be on the list. GREAT BOOK! I got about 1/2 way through, when I learned it was not on the reading list. So, that one has been placed on a shelf for another time. Actually…I’m lending it to a friend while I read the 10 books by our deadline. Over the last 2 days, they have been hitting the mailbox with quite thud. Here’s my reading list for the next 27 days…1276 pages in 27 days…averages 47.259259 pages a day. I guess I better get busy!
- Compassion, Justice and the Christian Life: Rethinking Ministry to the Poor by Robert D. Lupton, 136pg
- Beyond Charity: The Call to Christian Community Development by Dr. John M. Perkins, 192pg
- Theirs is the Kingdom by Robert Lupton, 144pg
- Communities First by Jay H Van Gronigen, 112pg
- Real Hope in Chicago, by Wayne L. Gordon and Randall Frame 224pg
- Generous Justice by Tim Keller, 256pg
- Reconciling All Things by Emmanuel Katongole & Chris Rice, 116 pg
- Empowerment Toolkit by Mary Nelson, 96pg plus a dvd that came with it!!
Although this is all a bit overwhelming…I’m excited about being stretched….learning more…and discussing what I learn with others. OK…my 47+ pages for the day are waiting to be read…so, I’m out!