“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.” ― Maya AngelouPosted: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 Filed under: 2k12 | Tags: Maya Angelou, writer's block 1 Comment
Writer’s Block? Too Busy to Write? Just Don’t Feel Like Writing? TBH (short for Too Be Honest in text slang)….Just haven’t felt like writing. I haven’t written much since the summer. That doesn’t mean that I haven’t been doing anything or that nothing is going on. It just means that I haven’t written much. Simple. Since the summer, we’ve had much going on that I would typically love to share a little about…
– Louis has settled in at New Hanover and the people are so loving, welcoming and fun to worship with.
– I took a spontaneous trip to Romania, which is definitely worth writing about…but, I am not sure where to even start.
– We have hosted countless dinners, gatherings and meetings at the house including a birthday party for a dear friend and prayer warrior, Farnaz. Where we had about 25 people for a sit-down dinner! As a matter of fact, we have a few new friends coming to dinner tonight! (As I sit here in the hair salon getting my ‘hairs did’, my ‘wig dyed’, my ‘roots done’ just 2 hours before they are to arrive!!! I’m soo proud of myself! Normally I’d be at home fretting, cleaning and ‘encouraging’ Louis as he vacuums! LOL)
– Louis, Derek and I (along with about 3000 other people) went to the CCDA National Conference. (And…we plan to host a MidAtlantic mini-conference here in RVA in March….stay tuned.)
– Exciting things are happening in the community, and I can’t wait for the ‘big reveal’ in the near future!
– My Dad turned 80. That is a HUGE deal…and noteworthy, because according to the doctors, my Dad should have died about 10 years ago. His cardiologist still says that he never expects Dad to make it back to his next quarterly appointment. We are grateful for this extra time with him.
– Hope Church continues to hang out at the house the 4th Sunday of the month with Hope for Kids, which is my only post since summer.
– We attended a number of funerals including a long time friend who died after a short medical issue…at the way to young age of 39….leaving 2 young children without their Mama.
I just haven’t been fired up to write…until this week…… Now…I MUST write again…..
I know the feeling, Marti. Sometimes there is just so much intense stuff, one doesn’t know where to begin to write. I guess it’s writers’ block with a twist.